CareerBe a part of the future of Healthcare Technology
Environmental Monitoring Specialist - II - FSR Level - P2
The Environmental Specialist, Safety & Environmental, provides technical expertise, advice and information to line management in support of site wide operations in all key areas of Safety and the Environment. Principal Accountabilities:
- Ensuring that all relevant company policies and procedures are adhered to and that all environmental regulatory requirements are met.
- Facilitating plant wide waste management oversight objectives via support, advice and direction. Site compliance with the Merck EQCe program.
- Ensuring that BAT principles are brought to bear in the area of environmental monitoring and analysis.
- Focusing attention on priority wastewater treatment and air emissions issues.
- Environmental vendor management and quote evaluation, PO issuance and approvals, S&E environmental budget tracking. S&E group P-card owner.
- Oversight of on-site environmental compliance monitoring CEMS facilities and off-site environmental analysis programmes to ensure compliance with the site regulatory obligations.
- Compilation of monitoring data and generation of environmental reports as required, for example the AER, PRTR, SMP, Responsible Care, EDC, etc.
- Provides environmental compliance advice and support to site operational teams (Chem Ops 1 & 2, Pharm Ops, SRU, FM, Waste Brokers etc) in terms of performance oversight to enable informed decision making and evaluation of suitable treatment/recovery/disposal methods/waste management options to ensure the facility operates in a compliant and cost effective manner. In particular this pertains to troubleshooting or resolution of potential compliance issues.
- Ensuring all necessary vendor and regulatory documentation is available and in good order, enabling the site to meet environmental regulatory obligations.
- The incumbent works with the appropriate site management in providing up-to-date information for compliance with current Corporate and Statutory environmental requirements.
- Collating and reporting of relevant environmental metrics as deemed appropriate.
- Develop, support and delivery of EHS training programs as deemed necessary, specifically in terms of environmental compliance.
- Assists in completion of periodic site wide EHS Self Assessments, Enhesa, and EHS Management System reviews. Conducts independent environmental inspections of facilities and practices, as required, for conformance with Site, Corporate and/or Statutory safety requirements. Ensures Operations are carried out in accordance with required standards of Environmental compliance and in adherence to all relevant Company Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures ongoing evaluation of changes in Environmental Regulatory requirements. Provides supportive information on site positions and strategies to ensure 100% compliance with all current and future Environmental requirements as and when they arise. Providesinput and advice to the site S&E Council on environmental related activities.
- Provide EHS support to the introduction of new processes to the site.
- Participate as a member of relevant Local Safety Committee's, as deemed appropriate.
- Assist in the timely response to GSE on appropriate audit recommendations or other requests.
- Participate in incident / accident investigations & root cause analyses (RCA).
- 3rd level degree in EHS, science or engineering or other elated discipline.
- At least 3 years experience in an EHS role in a regulatory environment • Sound knowledge of EHS legislation.
- Good written, oral communication & interpersonal skills.
- Highly proactive, mature judgement and decision making ability.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Self-directed & demonstrated efficient work methods, problem solving skills & ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in use of of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel & Powerpoint Preferred Requirements:
- A post graduate qualification in EHS.
- Green Belt.
- Knowledge of dispersion modelling
- DGSA qualification