CareerBe a part of the future of Healthcare Technology
Senior Engineer – Mobile Mining
- Mechanical Engineering Degree and/or5 years of proven mechanical designexperience, specifically mobile mining equipment
- Computer literate in CAD (Pro/E, Windchill, AutoCAD), Microsoft Office and MRP (like Macola ES)
- Strong background in material selection and application
- Working knowledge of ISO Quality Management Systems
- In-depth knowledge of CAD and other computer tools
- Successfully managed projects of medium to large complexity
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design equipment to be optimized for manufacturability, serviceability, functionality, safety, appearance, cost, aesthetics, commonality, etc.
- Provide good productivity – quantity of projects, speed of projects, time accountability.
- Provide accurate information – correctness, consistent format, completeness, BOM, manuals.
- Be guided by the mission of the company in all your decisions and meet the departmental objectives as defined in our ISO Management System Manual and provide proper documentation required per applicable ISO and API standards.
- Comply with the written standards, procedures, and processes of the organization.
- Seek out purchased components that satisfy the requirements, are competitively priced and have lead times that allow for lowest inventory. Avoid single-source components where possible.
- Perform/oversee the drafting of your designs and ensure that the dimensioning is consistent with the design intent.
- Personally assist with the drafting if necessary to keep the project moving.
- Provide engineering support for all products as required.
- Perform revisions to existing products as required.
- Assist in solving problems in the shop as needed.
- Provide support to Sales as needed.
- Provide design calculations and necessary analysis.
- Any other responsibilities deemed necessary by management.